Submitted by St. Maximilian Kolbe Catholic School
St. Maximillian Kolbe Catholic School, located in Delano, offers a private Classical education in the Roman Catholic intellectual tradition for kindergarten through grade 6 students. Children of all faiths are welcome.
As a consolidated school from the Roman Catholic parishes of St. Peter and St. Joseph, St. Maximillian Kolbe has been a part of the Delano community for more than 130 years. By any measure, this is a remarkable legacy and we look forward to sharing this tradition of excellence with your family. Our goal is to prepare your child for adolescence and for life with robust knowledge, meaningful skills and strong social and emotional growth.
• We are fully accredited by the State of Minnesota
• Our Scope and Sequence exceeds MDE academic standards requirements
• Small class sizes allow for active student participation, individualized attention, and academic success
• Our Classical Education curriculum follows a learning tradition thousands of years old that continues to prove successful for educating students in the 21st century. It is a way of learning grounded in the belief that all knowledge is interrelated and that learning follows the natural process of human growth and development. The two foundations of the classical model of learning are these.
1. Learning is language-focused, accomplished through written and spoken word.
2. Classical learning has a three-part pattern that directly correlates to the natural cognitive development of children as they grow and mature toward adulthood in three basic stages. The ancient Greeks called these stages grammar (mastering facts), dialectic or logic (building logical reasoning and critical thinking), and rhetoric (articulate expression that combines logic and reasoning).
• We also include liberal arts subjects to educate the whole child.
Why is St. Max Kolbe a good choice for your child?
Your child’s learning here builds appropriate knowledge and skills across multiple disciplines. And because private education is both a choice and a financial investment that demonstrates a commitment to something far more than learning, we also teach faith, character and virtuous behavior.
Ultimately, our goal is for every child to leave our school ready for Middle and High School, prepared to take their place as confident lifelong learners and good citizens. It is also important to us they know they are a unique child of God with gifts to share in the world He created. These outcomes form the core of our curriculum. We look forward to sharing this education experience with your child and your family.
For more information or to request registration materials, please visit our website or contact the school office.
(763) 972-2528, stmaxkolbeschool.org