City of Delano FAQ’s

Q: What are the winter parking rules?

A: From November 1 though April 1 of the following year, no persons shall park any motor vehicle, vehicle, machinery or implement on any street, avenue or alley within the boundaries of the City except for bona fide emergencies

between the hours of 2 and 7 a.m.

Q: What are City Hall and Motor Vehicle hours?

A: Monday: 7:30am – 5:00pm

Tuesday: 7:30am – 7:00pm

Wednesday: 7:30am – 5:00pm

Thursday: 7:30am – 5:00pm

Friday: 8:00am – 12:00 Noon

Saturday & Sunday: Closed

Q: When do I need a burning permit?

A: Within the City limits, recreational fires are allowed. Leaf burning and burning of brush is prohibited. If you are a resident of Franklin Township, burning permits can be purchased at City Hall for $2.00. More information on burning permits can be found online:

Q: When are the City Wide Garage Sales?

A: City Wide Garage Sales are generally held in August of each year. This event is organized by the Delano Area Chamber of Commerce. More information can be found by contacting their office: 763-972-6756 or

Q: Can I get driver’s licenses and passports at City Hall?

A: The Motor Vehicle office can handle change of address and replacement drivers licenses, but cannot process renewals. Unfortunately the office cannot process passports. Customers can process both of these transactions at the Buffalo Motor Vehicle Office: 763-682-7597

Q: I have a dog and a cat. Do I need to register them?

A: Per City Code, all dogs six months of age are required to be vaccinated and registered with the City of Delano. This is free to do and can be done online or at City Hall. The City of Delano does not have regulations on cats within the city limits.

Q: When are the Fourth of July festivities held?

A: The Fourth of July celebration is a four day event held over the 4th of July. More information can be found online at

Q: Is there a compost in Delano?

A: Yes, the City of Delano offers a compost site for all residents within City Limits at no charge. If you are outside of Delano, a punch card may be purchased at City Hall if you live within Wright County. The City compost is open seven days a week, 24 hours a day. More information can be found online at

Q: Where can I find notary services in Delano?

A: There are multiple staff members within City Hall and Motor Vehicle that are notary publics this service is offered free of charge. Contact City Hall for more information, 763-972-0550.

City of Delano

Department Contact Information

City Hall 763-972-0550

Crow River Villa 763-972-2945

Delano Municipal Utilities 763-972-0557

Emergency DIAL 911

Fire Department* 763-972-0581

Motor Vehicle Office 763-972-0568

Public Works* 763-972-0580

Senior Center 763-972-0574

Delano Wine & Spirits 763-972-0578

Wright Co. Non-Emergency 763-682-1162

* Staff is not always available to be reached at this office.

Contact City Hall for immediate assistance.